The goal of the Economic Restructuring Committee is to
identify new market opportunities for Mount Airy’s Downtown
commercial district, find new uses for historic commercial
buildings, and stimulate investment in downtown properties.
The main tasks of the Economic Restructuring Committee
- Learning about the district’s current economic
condition and identifying opportunities for market growth;
- Strengthening existing businesses and recruiting new
- Finding new economic uses for traditional Main Street
- Developing financial incentives and capital for
building rehabilitations and business development; and
- Monitoring the economic performance of the district.
We have been working on building a business/property
owner database, an inventory of vacant space, and business
recruitment for Main street Mount Airy.
However, we need help! If you have skills or interest in
business, real estate, economics, or market research this
committee is for you. Contact our Economic Restructuring
Committee chair, Rob Scranton at
for more information or to join!